- Decrease font
- Increase font
- Send to a friend
Click here to bookmark this page
Customize your Bookmarks:
- Type the name of the page the way you would like it to appear in "My Bookmarks";
- Click in the "Add as My Bookmarks" button.
To choose your favorite sessions, please click here.
- According to the IESS/Datafolha 2015, to have a healthcare plan is the third highest priority in Brazil, behind education and home respectively.
- The private market for medical diagnotics is concentraded in the main brazilian economic centers: the southeast region represents over 62% of this segment.
- It is a still fragmented industry in Brazil: there are about a thousand operators that offer health insurance.
- The current regulation ensures the patient a minimum list of procedures and tests, finding the best contracting between providers and operators, besides imposing quality standards to the operators.
- The flowchart below shows the private healthcare value chain:
For more information about the brazilian health insurance industry, visit the presentations of Grupo Fleury or the site of ANS (National Health Agency).
Source: ANS data, unless stated otherwise.